Information We Collect
When you use our web app, we may collect certain information from you. This includes:
- Personal Information: We may collect personal information such as your name, email address for authentication and communication purposes only.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about how you use our website, such as the pages you visit and the features you use.
- Audio and Transcription Data: When you use our transcription service, we collect the audio or video files you upload on for the purposes of transcribing them. After each session, the files and transcripts don't get saved anywhere on our systems.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide and improve our services. Specifically, we use your information to:
- Provide transcription and summarization services: We use your audio and video files to generate transcripts and summaries.
- Communicate with you: We use your email address to communicate with you about your account and our services.
- Improve our services: We use your usage information to understand how our users interact with our website and to make improvements.
Third-Party API Usage
Transcripe uses third-party APIs, specifically the OpenAI and Google APIs, to provide our transcription and summarization services. Please note that Transcripe will not be responsible for any miss transcription due to errors from third-party APIs. We suggest listening to the audio while checking the results from our portal or hiring a professional transcriber to assist you if you require assurance.
Professional transcribers are welcome to use our service as a base to extend to their clients. However, please note that Transcribe will not be responsible for any work provided by professional transcribers to their clients.
Payment Processing with Stripe
Transcripe uses Stripe for payment processing. When you make a payment on our website, you will be redirected to the Stripe website to complete the transaction. Please note that we do not collect or store any payment information, such as credit card numbers or bank account information. All payment information is processed by Stripe, and we only receive confirmation of your payment.
Transcripe uses authentication services provided by Microsoft and Google to verify user identities. This allows you to log in to our website using your Microsoft or Google account credentials. Please note that we do not collect or store any authentication information, such as usernames or passwords. All authentication information is processed by Microsoft or Google, and we only receive confirmation of your identity.
Data Protection and Security
We take the security of your data seriously and have implemented measures to protect it from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.